What can $100 get you in Singapore?
- 3 MAC Lipsticks
- A tank of gas for a Japanese car
- Set lunch for two at Tatsuya
- An Instax camera
- An Apple Magic Mouse
- 27 rolls of MT Masking Tape
- Approximately 40 plates of chicken rice
Imagine how much more you could have gotten if you had shopped online via ShopBack – for a merchant with a 10% CashBack, spending $1000 equates to $100!
I would want to think that I’m one of the most “auntie” person in the groups I hang out with – especially when it comes to things like:
- Shopping (you want what? I have 20% off!)
- Carpark advice (don’t park here, very narrow – park here after 5, it’s only $3!)
- Grocery Shopping (xx is cheaper, the pork in yy is more fresh, this place always got discounts)
- Life Pro Tips (Put this in your car and there will never be cockroaches)
But when it came to online shopping, apparently I’m a dunce, because I don’t use ShopBack as much as my friends do.
I’ve heard of ShopBack (they keep mentioning it in the chats), but I never really paid attention to it till my recent craze with chia seeds and then only realising that I could get it cheaper online via iHerb, and save even MORE with ShopBack!
What ShopBack does is that it allows you to get back a portion of your shopping expenditure when you buy products through their online shopping aggregator service. With over 500 merchants from around the world, you can always get a great deal online – from clothing on ASOS, to getting electronics via Lazada (I’m looking at household stuff like steam irons and ovens!), booking accommodation and travel tickets with Expedia, and even purchase health food with iHerb!
And using ShopBack is easy-peasy; simply
- Login to ShopBack’s website, and look for the merchants you’re keen on shopping with
- Click on the merchant logo, surf, and check out your items!
- The cashback will appear in your ShopBack account within 48 hours of payment
- Once it’s been validated by the merchant (no exchange/returns within 60 days), it will be redeemable.
- And then all you need to do is request for your payout (min $10) and it will be credited into your designated bank or paypal account!
(For more information on how ShopBack works, click here!)
I feel extremely late to the game – the site sees over 120,000 people per month using this service, but I am sooooo doing all my online shopping via ShopBack from now on!
I shop often on ASOS, and I use Expedia / Hotels.com, as well as redmart for my heavy groceries. On the average in a month, my shopping can amount to approximately $2000, and that is not including holidays which would incur a larger credit card bill. IMAGINE THE AMOUNT OF MONEY I COULD HAVE GOTTEN BACK VIA SHOPBACK for the past YEAR I’ve not been using it, and what I could have done with it. Argh!
Sweetening the deal is ShopBack’s collaboration with VISA, which allows you get up to 12% + extra 2% back from your online shopping!
Guess who’s gonna get her groceries on RedMart (11% Cashback!) and watching movies at Cineleisure (4% Cashback) this weekend?!
But wait… did you know that there are actually SUPERSIZED promotions on top of that? I did not realize it till I checked my email recently and that’s when this mailer was screaming my name, asking me to go shopping online:
HELLO? It’s an extra Visa cashback perk for all Visa card holders! It’s a no brainer – you’d want to shop with ShopBack. Before I cleared my chats there was one part where people were just talking about how much they’ve saved from using ShopBack… and I was hitting myself for not booking everything through ShopBack!
That just means that you really need to pay attention to your emails from ShopBack (unless you have friends like mine, who will make public service announcements hahaha)
My job is done here, sharing this important piece of information with you – so bye for now guys, I’m gonna go get busy shopping (online)!